Happy holidays from GREEN GUYS. As we approach the end of a year and the beginning of a new year, let’s not forget to be thankful for the many blessings we have received and share with other what we can. GREEN GUYS Thanks YOU for your business and looks forward to serving you again in 2012. The following post is courtesy of ALCC giving us many ideas on what we can share during this Holiday Season.
“Someone recently told me their family tradition on Christmas Eve is to savor their last ears of summer corn that were carefully wrapped in special paper and frozen. I still have tomatoes picked from our back-lot garden the night before frost with the car head lights helping me find them in the dark. ‘Couldn’t let them freeze on the vine!
- Throw some compost over your garden even if you pitch it on top of the snow. That gift will come back to you next year throughout the gardening season.
- Give to the wildlife outdoors. Hang a bird feeder and enjoy seeing the birds feast on the seed you leave for them. Make sure there is water, too.
- Be ready to water if the winter turns to the dry side as it did last year. Like us, the trees, shrubs, perennials and lawn need water to survive.
- Remember to recycle the Christmas tree so it can be repurposed as mulch.
- Take an amaryllis bulb or a whimsical Fairy Garden to a shut-in. Gardening can be enjoyed in just one pot.
- Give a landscape service like tree pruning or lawn maintenance to someone who loves a nice yard, but can no longer do the work.
- Create an herb garden for your favorite cook.
- Take small bouquets or small plants to residents of a local retirement center or nursing home. When even a picture of a landscape has been proven to be therapeutic in hospitals, just think what a real live plant can do!
From Our Family to Yours, Merry Christmas and May You have a Happy & Prosperous New Year!