Learn why grass cliping are excellent to recycle nutrients. This article was written by the Rocky Mountain Sod Growers Association.
- One thousand square feet of bluegrass lawn generates about 200 pounds of clippings annually; 75 percent or 150 pounds of this is water.
- Leave clippings on the lawn for healthier grass.
- Clippings break down quickly and encourage beneficial microorganisms and earthworms.
- Nutrients in the clippings are recycled into the lawn, promoting steady grass growth.
- Clippings left on the lawn means no bagging and hauling, saving both human and fuel energy.